2002-2007 PhD student
Department of Molecular Microbiology, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Elucidated the mechanistic aspects of membrane targeting of bacterial cytoplasmic membrane proteins. Worked successfully as a guest researcher at the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Stockholm University, Sweden during this period.
• Coordinated research projects, resulting in the discovery of novel pathways for the production of bacterial membrane proteins.
• Established evolutionarily conserved nature of membrane protein biogenesis pathways.
• Developed and implemented novel bioanalysis tools.
• Authored six scientific publications with siginificant impact in the field.
• Presented research data at international conferences.
• Supervised annual molecular biology course.