2007-2010 Academic researcher
Department of Molecular Enzymology, University of Groningen, the Netherlands.
Discovered novel redox enzymes and optimized their characteristics to obtain variants for potential industrial applications. This project was performed in collaboration with DSM, Organon and FrieslandCampina.
• Led research projects, resulting in improved (redox) enzymes for potential biotechnological applications.
• Identified, characterized and applied a novel biotechnologically relevant peroxidase.
• Developed and implemented novel bioanalytical methods.
• Authored five well cited scientific papers.
• Led processes to standardize lab procedures, improving overall quality.
• Presented research data at international conferences.
• Supervised annual biochemistry course.