2012-2013 Academic researcher
Department of Biotransformation and Biocatalysis, University of Groningen, the Netherlands.
Developed new enzyme variants for the industrial production of antibiotics in collaboration with DSM Sinochem.
• Initiated and led research projects with tight deadlines, resulting in improved enzymes for the biosynthesis of antibiotics.
• Developed and implemented novel bioanalytic assays.
• Led processes to standardize lab procedures, improving overall quality.
• Authored scientific papers.
• Supervised annual biochemistry course.
• Constructed and screenied enzyme mutant libraries.
• Characterized newly improved enzyme variants.