2013-2014 Bioprocess engineer
DSM (Patheon) Biologics, Groningen, the Netherlands
Scientific coordination of the manufacture (USP) and purification (DSP) of protein-based pharmaceuticals performed under cGMP conditions. This included (i) fermentation processes, ranging in scale from 50-1000 L and (ii) purification of proteins, using different chromatographic techniques.
• Ensured robust and reproducible upstream process operation.
• Initiated and coordinated improvement processes together with QA department, improving
• Investigated deviations and performed root cause analysis, ameliorating process robustness.
• Authored cGMP documentation, enabling efficient process operation.
• Wrote techical and quality documents,
• Monitored compliance of manufacturing steps with quality standards together with QA
department, ensuring process quality.
• Supervised collection of QC samples of process intermediates.
• Implemented and improved novel or existing manufacturing processes.
• Functioned as primary client contact for production processes.